This is a lovely and simple salad to add to your festive meals at this time of year. We are moving towards colder weather and hearty soups and stews are a cozy welcome. A wintery salad adds dimension to those strengthening meals and keeps you feeling youthful and refreshed. It is also a reminder of the warmer days left behind.
|Warm bean and Arugula Salad|
- 5 packed cups arugula or watercress
- 1 can organic cannellini
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- Tangerine segments for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
Place the arugula into a bowl.
Heat the olive oil and add the onion. Sauté for a minute.
Add the beans and mix through. You can add a little water too.
Add the lemon juice, and rice syrup.
Mix gently and season with salt and pepper.
Add to the arugula and toss through. Garnish with tangerines, capers and cilantro.